Did you know: the first promotional item in US history was a commemorative button made for George Washington in the election of 1789?
Step forward 230-years, and we’re here to help with the latest trends in promotional marketing.
The world of promotional marketing and products has embedded itself into the hearts and minds of the glorious people tasked with running their companies’ events and promos throughout the world. It also continues to be one of the most effective methods of brand recognition, loyalty-building, and brand perception.
The British Promotional Merchandise Association conducted several surveys that provide evidence that there is a direct correlation between promotional product advertising and an improvement in brand recognition. Not to mention an increase in sales.
The research surveyed almost 15,000 people who had received a promotional product for free within the previous year – here’s some of what they found:
- 66% of participants claimed they could recall the brand on the promotional product received with the past 12 months.
- The ROI on promotional products delivered a better return on investment than radio and outdoor advertising and is equal to TV and print.
- Over half (56%) said their impression of the company improved after receiving a branded promotional gift.
Promo Product Trends for 2020 to get involved with…
1. Be Eco-friendly:
The conversation about the environment and how sustainable the products we use are is a strong subject across the globe, and rightly so. There’s no time like the present to associate your brand with the most forward-thinkers and make the move to promoting an eco-friendly and sustainable future.
Single-use plastics are hugely unpopular in 2020 and people are flooding to reusable plastics, the reusable water bottle market alone is estimated to be worth a staggering £5.5 billion, and climbing.
But why buy Eco-Friendly Promotional Products?
- Buying eco enforces your commitment to sustainability: stats shared by Impact Reporting show over two-thirds of employees rather work for a company who cared about the environment. In addition, three-quarters of Millennials would actually take a pay-cut in order to work for a company they believed was responsible for their actions.
- On a similar note, it shows you take corporate social responsibility (CSR) seriously: the same research from Impact Reporting also revealed people believe CSR accounts for over 40% of a company’s reputation.
- Choosing eco-friendly promotional products isn’t just a brand perception tactic, it’s one step in the right direction for reducing pollution and subsequent diseases around the world.
- Buying eco-friendly promotional products in 2020 is now seen as a no-brainer when it comes to planning what merchandise to give out at events, send to your customers, or give to your staff.
2. Deliver High Quality
The effort to reducing waste, pollution and needless single-use products drives other buyer trends – “quality is king”. Buyers now look more and more to meaningful products and the experiences that they create for the recipient. This is a direct result of the expectation to have a higher-quality, more durable product; even if it is a free giveaway.
People who receive your branded products need to feel good about what they’ve received. This drives a strong sense of attachment to your brand and ensures the brand impression has improved – no company wants to be known as ‘that company who gave me a gift that broke the same day’.
Mixed materials are popular and offer a hand-made aesthetic feel that resonates with people and gives the feel of quality, as well as sustainability. An example would be drinkware with wood or cork accents, canvas bags, and wooden pens with metal accents. For the most popular products like pens and bags, new biodegradable materials take eco-friendly sustainable products to a new level.
3. Create Memorable Experiences
Memorable experiences are the hardest to create without going down the fully bespoke route, where you’ll need a team of designers and an order volume large enough to fill a football stadium. Product bundles are great building a better overall perception of a brand and making that interaction more memorable.
By bundling products together, the buyer also saves money on products and removes the hassle of designing and working with three or more different products to ensure colours are the same and the branding is fluid.
Pre-made bundles are also the perfect fit when ticking the Eco and High-quality boxes. If your items are sourced sustainably and carry the feel of quality, the products will do the rest and give the recipient a good hoard of merchandise.
Take a look at our Mood Saver bundle – available in a range of colour combos; get a high-quality notepad, pen, and reusable water bottle.
Promotional Marketing will forever be a key part of any marketing strategy, putting a face on your brand and giving it a personality is crucial to the success of your campaigns. Do it better with promo-products and deliver bespoke promotional products to your clients.