The first promotional item in US history was a commemorative button made for George Washington in the election of 1789
Step forward 230-years, and we’re here to help with the latest promotional marketing trends.
Promotional marketing continues to be one of the most effective ways to build brand recognition, perception, and loyalty. The British Promotional Merchandise Association conducted several surveys on this topic. The outcomes suggest a correlation between product advertising and an improvement in brand recognition. Not to mention an increase in sales.
The research surveyed almost 15,000 people who had received a promotional product for free within the previous year. Here’s some of what they found:
- 66% of participants claimed they could recall the brand on the promotional product received with the past 12 months.
- The ROI delivered a better return on investment than radio and outdoor advertising - and was equal to TV and print.
- Over half (56%) said their impression of the company improved after receiving a branded gift.
Promotional Marketing Trends to get involved with…
1. Be Eco-friendly
The environment – and how sustainable products are – is a serious global topic. Now’s the time to associate your brand with this important marketing trend and show you care.
Single-use plastics are hugely unpopular. That’s why people are turning to reusable plastics. The reusable water bottle market alone is valued at £5.5 billion, and climbing.
But why buy Eco-Friendly Promotional Products?
- Buying eco enforces your commitment to sustainability. Stats shared by Impact Reporting show over two-thirds of employees would rather work for a company that cared about the environment. In addition, three-quarters of millennials would take a pay-cut to work for an environmentally-responsible company.
- It shows you take Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) seriously. The same research from Impact Reporting revealed people believe CSR accounts for over 40% of a company’s reputation.
- Following eco-friendly marketing trends isn’t just a brand perception tactic. It’s a step in the right direction for reducing pollution and diseases globally.
- Buying eco-friendly promotional items in 2020 is now the norm. So it’s hard to even class it as a marketing trend anymore.
2. Deliver High Quality
Reducing waste, pollution and single-use products drives other marketing trends – like “quality is king”. Buyers look to meaningful products and the experiences they create. This is a result of the expectation to have a higher-quality, more durable product; even if it is a free giveaway.
Those who receive branded products need to feel good about what they’ve received. No company wants to be associated with poor quality or service.
Mixed materials offer a hand-made quality aesthetic. An example would be drinkware with wood or cork accents, canvas bags, or wooden pens with metal accents. Popular products – like pens, bags, and biodegradable materials – take eco-friendly sustainable products to a new level.
3. Create Memorable Experiences
Memorable experiences are hard to create without going bespoke. In which case, you’ll need a team of designers and an order volume large enough to fill a football stadium. Product bundles, therefore, build a better overall perception and make interactions more memorable.
By bundling products the buyer saves money. They don’t have to worry about designing and working with three or more items either.
Pre-made bundles are, additionally, perfect when ticking the Eco and High-quality boxes. If your items are sourced sustainably and of good quality, the products will impress.
Take a look at our Mood Saver bundle – available in a range of colour combos. Get a high-quality notepad, pen, and reusable water bottle.
Promotional marketing trends will forever be a part of your strategy. Personalising your brand is crucial to the success of your campaigns. Do it better with Hotline promo-products and deliver bespoke promotional products to your clients.